We have a few things for everyone today:
Moderator Position Openings
With summer starting, the number of deviations being submitted is increasing. And with that, we have the need for more moderators to help keep the submissions queue flowing smoothly.
The main role of moderators in this group is to vote on deviations as they are submitted, to ensure that they are of acceptable quality, follow our rules, and are submitted to the appropriate folders. There are a few simple requirements to be a mod:
* You must be willing to put some time into the group. While we won’t expect/ask you to vote every single day, we do receive dozens of deviations a day, and checking them all does take a bit of time.
* You must be active within the MLP fandom. While you’re not required to be an artist/writer yourself, it must be visibly obvious that you have an interest in ponies.
* Previous group moderation experience is always nice, but not a requirement.
* It is preferred that applicants have been on DA for at least six months.
* It doesn't matter what time zone you're in, or what time of day you're normally online.
If you think you have what it takes, just send the group a note and we’ll talk!
Recently, we’ve been seeing an increase in deviations submitted to the wrong folders. Please keep in mind that we use subfolders in this group, so if you’re submitting an image of a single pony, always look inside the main folders to see if there is a subfolder for that pony.
For example, if you have a picture of Twilight Sparkle, she has a subfolder inside of “Mane Six and Spike”, so please submit it to that subfolder, instead of to the main folder, which is reserved for group pictures.
A lot of times, if an image is declined, it’s because it was sent to the wrong folder. While we’ll normally ask you to resubmit, if you form a habit of continuously submitting images to the wrong folder (or submitting images to completely incorrect folders, such as a picture of Vinyl to the Mane Six folder), we’ll just decline it without saying anything.
If you’re submitting a wallpaper that uses vectors or images made by other artists, you must always credit the artist by providing a link to either their profile or (preferably) the image you used itself. Using a “blanket credit” (examples: “All images belong to their original artist”, “vectors from #MLP-VectorClub”, etc) are not acceptable.
There are no exceptions to this rule. If you do not know who the artist is, we recommend using the reverse image search on derpiboo.ru. If you’re unable/unwilling to find out who the artist is, please don’t bother to submit it, as it will not be accepted.
Finally, wallpapers need to be unique/original in a way. Simply combining a few different vectors/resources into a single image will not be enough.
That’s all I have for now! Though there are likely to be some changes to our folder structure in the near future. It’s also been a while since we’ve done a contest, so stay tuned for one of those as well!
The MegaBronyUpload team!